Update on Red Heart Yarn

I called the Red Heart Co. complaint Department Today. The problem they are having is that the vendor that they always used went bankrupt

and stopped making the yarn without notice to Red Heart. The new company they have is having a problem making it the right texture but,:think

Red heart is working with them to make it right. Red Heart is very aware

of the problems and the complaints and is planning to fix the problem in

the next few months (I hope). So my advise is feel each skein you buy

from now on because this new one being made actually feels like rug yarn:angry .

Thanks for the update! I rarely use Red Heart because I ALWAYS think it feels like rug yarn. But lately it has been feeling like rope. Thanks, but no thanks to Red Heart.:no

for once I thought the same too. At the beginning, RH was not that bad but since it's stretchier than Caron super saver (?) I rarely used it. Now Mainline (from Walmart) is cheaper and softer. So it's the way to go. Plus Bernat has their own worsted weight yarn too. It's probably good to end RH's dominance in worsted wt yarn for once and for all.

I called the Red Heart Co. complaint Department Today. The problem they are having is that the vendor that they always used went bankrupt

and stopped making the yarn without notice to Red Heart. The new company they have is having a problem making it the right texture but,:think

Red heart is working with them to make it right. Red Heart is very aware

of the problems and the complaints and is planning to fix the problem in

the next few months (I hope). So my advise is feel each skein you buy

from now on because this new one being made actually feels like rug yarn:angry .

:hug thank you so much for the update

I have to agree. I am a long time user of RHSS simply because it was readily available, comparatively inexpensive, and had a large array of colors. I am just getting back to crocheting after a four year hiatus, and have noticed a tremendous difference in the yarn and have been really disappointed on several occasions.

I've discovered Bernat Super Value and have been pleased with it, even though isn't available locally and I have to order it. With the cost of gasoline and Walmart phasing out the craft section of some of their stores paying shipping costs evens out in the long run.

Archived