Wedding shower present advice

A co-worker of mine came to me the other day and asked if I made stuff for weddings. Well of course :blush

She explained to me that 2 of her friends are getting married. She is throwing the shower and that she wanted me to make a shower gift as well as a wedding gift. She also explained that this is a same-sex marriage so she didn't know what to give. :think

Now my thinking is that same sex or different sex....doesn't really matter. A wedding gift is a wedding gift. ((We have figured out that I am going to make an afghan for the wedding gift))

What we are stuck on is a shower gift.

She is thinking boobie pillow. Appropriate???:shrug

Do you fabulous people have any suggestions????

Pretty please???

We need both serious and gag ideas please. :hook

:think Hmmmmm This Is A Tough One. I Would Think That The Mittens That Are Joined Together At One Hand Would Be Different And Neat. You Just Dont See That Anywhere!! :wbrr Or The Versatile Afghan. As For The Boob Pillow, I Guess It Just Depends On The Couples Sense Of Humor. "adult" Cakes Seem To Be Popular. I Guess This Is One To Ponder On:think

I personally can't stand gag gifts (no offense to those who do like them!) so I can't be of any help there.

But as for serious shower gifts - like you said, a wedding is a wedding. The couple will be setting up house together, or if they're already living together, have all their things combined and probably not much that matches. Some dishcloths, towels, and scrubbies for the kitchen would be nice, or some nice washcloths for in the bathroom. With either idea you could make a gift basket of the crocheted items and some soaps.

A friend of mine and I put a basket together containing seasonal things, i.e. seasonal placemats, dishtowels, napkins... So each season they have different things for the home. I am not a gag gift kind of person, most gags tend to be tasteless..I apologize if I am offending anyone, just my opinion.

How about making a nice basket and then filling it with wash cloths and scrubbies. It is a decoration plus it is useful. I just gave something like that for a shower gift. The person giving it can also add soap and bath salts and such.:hook

Archived