Double Base Chain Frustration

BreaGia

Question

I'm going to be making The Spiderweb Skirt by Josi Hannan Madera and have been trying to swatch for the gauge. I hate the db ch! I just can't get it to work well or consistently.

So is it possible for me to just use a base chain? Will I have to do an additional row of single crochet before I get on with the rest of the pattern?

4 answers to this question

What she seems to be doing (you did check the tutorial at the site right?... just asking) is a foundation row single crochet and it is my understanding that you can replace that with the usual chain and a row of sc. so yes you would have to do the row of sc if you don't do the foundation SC row

Thank you.:)

Yes I did see the tutorial but I still just can't get it right. I'll keep working on db ch but I want to get this skirt made soon.

I'll use the chain and sc this time and if I like how the skirt turns out- and I have mastered db ch- I'll use it next time.

If you are interested in learning the foundation stitches, the current issue of Interweave Crochet has a very good short article on it.

I was not very familiar with Josi Madera's website but I looked at it after reading this thread. To me, the tutorial on the site is not bad, but I would not be able to do the stitch from that video.

That skirt is pretty, hope you have fun making it.

Archived