Winnie the pooh

SnuggNugg

Question

Hello,

I have the Winnie the Pooh booklets, but the patterns are so hard to follow, I have a half a pooh done and the legs ended up crooked. Does anyone know where I can find a simpler pattern? I have the Pooh & Friends crochet pattern. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Laura

5 answers to this question

Those Leisure Arts booklets are the only patterns I know of that are licensed with Disney (owner of the Pooh trademark).

Licensing arrangements are required in order to legally distribute patterns featuring trademarked characters. Unfortunately, it's usually very expensive to obtain licensing arrangements, and small independent designers cannot afford it. Even large companies have to consider whether they think they'll be able to sell enough copies of a pattern to repay all the licensing expenses and then allow them to make a profit after that. This is why you don't see very many licensed patterns. (Disney also has all sorts of other requirements a company has to meet before Disney will grant them licensing permission.)

Totally not answering your question any, but does it give what colors they used for their yarn? I'm doing a plastic canvas Winnie the Pooh as a shower gift, and all it says is "We used various brands of worsted weight yarn to stitch the photography models for this leaflet" & "It is important to buy all of the yarn you need to complete your preoject from the same dye lot; variations between dye lots can be apparent on a stitched piece". It says nothing about what colors or brands to use, really. It gives the color list (blue, pink, dk pink, dk blue etc), but I kind of want it close to the original type colors, and I'm not very good at that. Would you be so kind as to tell me what colors it has listed (if any)? Than you so much!

I've got that booklet, and made winnie the pooh. I still have yet to make his shirt. ugh. that pattern was a definite learning experience. For me the legs were awkward, and I had a hard time understanding how they were attached. it seemed weird to me.

hmm. one lady from here was help full. i've deleted my pm's. if you do a search here for winnie the pooh her name may come up.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=13993&highlight=winnie+pooh+friends

here is the link to my post about it.

I found this thread where some one had made one. Maybe they could help you a little more. Pooh Bear

Totally not answering your question any, but does it give what colors they used for their yarn? . . .

It doesn't give the colors they used. :( I thought it did, so I got it out, but it doesn't. They just give the color circles for guidance. I hate it when that happens, sorry.

Archived