multiple of 4 + 3...means?

NeedSleep

Question

6 answers to this question

When a pattern says you can chain any length you want as long as it's a multiple of 4 + 3, does that mean the chain has to be a multiple of 4 and then add 3 onto that number?

You got it! :)

Thank you :)

I guess I screwed up on my foundation chain...I must have miscounted. I was doing the "one skein scarf" from the Happy Hooker book....doesn't get much easier, right? I get the 3 dc rows done and one side of edging and things didn't line up on the end. I recounted my dc's and was off by one somehow. Sure made a difference.

Another way to do it is to figure out how many chains you need (4x__+3) and then do about 12 more chain stitches - that way you won't end up short. Crochet the first row of your pattern, counting to make sure you have the correct number of stitches or repeats called for. Turn and continue with the next rows, leaving the unused chains dangling. After you are finished with your project, you can go back and undo the extra chains up to where your stitches start. Easy! and much less frogging back when you inadvertently miscount your chain stitches!

Archived