hdc problem

chickie225

Question

I've noticed in making baby booties especially that my hdc stitches are too tall. This makes my booties really wide, but not too long, which makes me think that my gauge isn't off. How can I fix this problem? :shrug

Also, I don't have this problem with sc or dc stitches, it's just hdc's.

Thanks in advance!

~Jennifer

4 answers to this question

Are you sure you're doing hdc instead of just dc? Also, make sure you aren't pulling your loop up too high, as you would a long-hdc.

Thanks, ladies... I am positive that I'm only doing an HDC, but I'm thinking that I may either not be pulling it tight enough or maybe what Selune said and I'm pulling the loop too high. I'm going to watch really closely next time I do it and see if I can fix it.

Thanks again :) I feel like such a doofus, LOL!

Thanks, ladies... I am positive that I'm only doing an HDC, but I'm thinking that I may either not be pulling it tight enough or maybe what Selune said and I'm pulling the loop too high. I'm going to watch really closely next time I do it and see if I can fix it.

Thanks again :) I feel like such a doofus, LOL!

Please don't feel this way... we all have to learn techniques and it takes some time. I am still making choices about many parts of my crochet as new ideas and methods are brought out for us to use and improve our work.

it just takes some time and some practice shots to get where it should be.

Archived