Am I the only one with rugburn on my fingers?

actually, that happens to me with any yarn that i use. i get this deep indentation and a big dry spot, but if i use lotion, it just slows me down and makes the yarn stick to my fingers. i never thought of a bandaid before, tho! well, guess i'd better stock up on some bandaids!

I get that problem when I use Red Heart SS, but with darker colors. Not so much with some of the lighter colors, such as soft white. Those darker colors, though... woo! Not finger friendly... :(

It doesn't matter the yarn I use, I always get this line on my left index finger. The more I crochet, the worse the yarn, the worse the grove gets. It can take DAYS to go away and I've had it blister, scab, and peel on me. I don't crochet so tight so it must be something else.

I've called in the bandaids but they don't last long, and I don't like being unable to feel the yarn. This is part of the reason I don't use thread - I can't feel it as it moves through my fingers.

You can buy these rings for your fingers that will control yarn tension for you - no more groove and better tension. Sorta like the tension rings on your sewing machine. I've contemplated them on and off. Then the groove heals up and I'm back in business.

well the bandaids didn't do it for me...prevented the rugburn but I need to feel the yarn...so...I suffer. Not badly thought because I only used what seems to be the offending color for two rounds of the giant granny...and I suspect that i'll use it for the last round as well.

thanks for all the great ideas though.

Archived