KnitPicks Dye?

monkeybabies

Has anyone bought KnitPicks Dye your own yarn...Bare? And also bought the jars of dye? I am curious to play around with this...but was wondering if any one has tried it! It looks like fun!

Glad to hear it! I ordered some bare superwash too; it's in transit right now. (I like their superwash, it's much softer than other more expensive lines like Nashua and Cascade, but the colors are ho-hum--so I ordered some bare to dye.) I think their dye is the kind where you need to use separate pots/utensils, so I'm opting for wilton's and kool-aid instead.

Koolaid, food coloring, and Wiltons are food grade edible dyes so no special pans required. The dyes from Knit Picks are chemicals, not meant to be used in eating utensils or microwaves. I stick with the food dyes and they are fine for what I want, and the yarn smells so nice too, with koolaid dye.

I have been wondering about their dye also. I am having a hard time finding an orange wool to make felted fall pumpkins with. I had some dye in my shopping cart at knitpicks the other day, then never placed the order.

Archived