Help! It doen't look right.

kat

Question

ok. am trying to make a baby blanket for my grandbaby (due in oct.) and this yarn makes it look funny, or is it just me? I have never used this yarn before but it is so soft. it is like a peice of thread with soft yarn attached. don't know the name (kind) of it cause i got it at the flea market. tha pattern calls for sport weight yarn, but i figured what the hay, try it any way cause i want something frilly. do i need to just find another pattern? this stuff does not stretch at all, but is easy to work with. here is a pic of the pattern i am making, a pic of the yarn, and a pic of what i have so far. just don't want to get too far and have to frog it and start over on something else.

yarn.jpg

pattern.jpg

this just looks like a fuzzy mess to me.

6 answers to this question

I'd have to say it's a matter of the wrong yarn for the pattern. The fuzziness of the yarn is distorting the detail of the pattern. I'd suggest finding a non-fuzzy sportweight like Baby Softee and seeing how that looks. You might be able to make it look better with the larger hook size, yet I think it might get too loose and not look right.

Hope this helps!

~ Lori

thanks... i guess i will just try and find another pattern cause i really want to use this yarn. i knew it called for a thicker yarn but wanted to try anyway. as far as the 2 strands at a time, i have never done that, and i want this blanket to be perfect. so since it doesn't stretch at all i am afraid i will make a worse mess. :blush but i will find something to make just maybe not the frilly type. :think

Hi, I agree that you probably want to find another pattern. As far as the two threads go, don't be afriad. You'd be surprised how easy it can be.

i decided to go with the ripple stitch from the 63 easy-to-crochet pattern stitches. so far so good.:) i am still trying to decide on a border though.

i have plenty of this yarn, and maybe i will try the other pattern again later.

it is sooooo soft. the yarn kinda looks and feels like a really soft terrycloth robe material or something.

Archived