Tunisian lanyard/keychain

LAFrenchie

The housekeepers and maintenance guys here at the resort wear their card keys on a lanyard so they don't lose them. I've often thought that I should get one for myself on one of my trips to WallyWorld because the key cards that we use to get into our apartments are very easy to lose, and while they're also very easy to replace, it's a nuisance to keep having to do so. Now, instead of buying one, I'm going to crochet one for myself out of crochet cotton! Thanks for the great idea! :cheer

Elle

That is awesome! I love it!

I was going to ask too - did you just make it up as you went or is there a pattern?

Oh, you are all so kind. :hug I just made it up.

All it is is 5 stitches Tunisian worked with size 3 thread on a 3.5 (E) hook. I made it long enough for me, then put the strip on the parachute buckle. Then I slip stitched the two ends together and worked a slip stitch in black thread from the buckle around and back to the buckle on both edges. The removable key chain part is worked exactly the same, just shorter.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a great idea. My husband actually grabbed some string to use as a lanyard. I caught him in the act and gave him an old one that no one was using. I think I should make him his own now!

Okay, ignore the original name of this pattern :lol but I thought this was very similar to this idea and the stitches used and could be used for this. Well, the leash part, of course.

http://www.crochetme.com/June_July_2005/patt_leash_bag.htm

She added a ribbon for extra support and that might be an idea. So if anyone needed addition instruction on making one of these, this pattern might help. I hope it does.

Debbi

Archived