Mother's Day gift

My mom is one of those people that is hard to shop for. After not finding anything in any store that would be a good Mother's Day gift for her, I've decided I might crochet something for her gift. Can anyone think of anything quick and easy that would make a good Mother's Day gift?

I'm making my mom a shawl. I'm almost done. She admired a few other ones that I made as christmas gifts so I really wanted to make her one. Even though its getting into warm weather I know she really wants one. I would be done but Caitlin has been begging me to finish sewing a summer top That I cut out over the weekend. I agree with all the other great ideas too. I was thinking of making a lavender sachet too with pretty ribbons on it.

I made my precious step-mamma a bed tray mat (rectangular doily) and 2 matching coasters. Just pick a fairly solid 6" square and make it from #10 thread (make 12) then edge with a nice shell. For the coasters I did the same square but did a round of dcs before the shell. It took the better part of Saturday to get it done, but I had to frog the edge a few times before I settled on the shell . . . .

Archived