what's wrong?

i saw all the great reviews on the clover soft touch hooks....bought one and yes, it feels great to hold BUT.....the yarn keeps slipping out of the hook! it's like the yarn won't go up the handle far (because of the fat part) and i have to keep starting a stitch over....am i just not crocheting right?:think

Not every hook, no matter how great the reviews, works for every crocheter. Why would you question whether you're crocheting correctly just because of the hook? lots of people love Boye hooks...I personally can't stand them. Don't like the little skinny part right before the head...makes it too hard to make the stitches stay even...for me. So I only use the in-line (Bates style) head hooks. That's why there are so many different types of hooks, so each hooker can find the hook just right for them.

i have not used the clover hooks but i have tried the light up hooks which are similar to the clover they work ok for me at first they take some getting used to because of the fat section where as boye and bates dont have that i can go like the wind with the bates hooks just a little slower with the others like faedragon said they are all differant see what works best for you.

I have one Clover hook in size "G" and I really don't care for it. I just can't seem to get used to it, of course I am a "Bates" girl!:hook

Yep, same for me. I got 2 at Michael's and loved the fat handle but couldn't stand the fat head. Returned 'em and got some sculpy clay to make the handles of my Bates fat like the Clover ones. I just wish Bates would come out with some light-up ones...

I love the Clover hooks. I have been using them along time, so don't remember if I had to get used to them or not. You might try a different yarn and work with the hook a little more to see if you can get used to it.

Archived