How to fix ends?

alexann73

Question

I'm making a baby dress and I'm on the last row of the yoke, and I've discovered my ends are not even. I know what I did wrong,but can I fix it by NOT unraveling it all? please say there's a way because I have unraveled it three times to fix stuff and I'd rather not do it again.:thair

9 answers to this question

You may want to provide a picture or more information. I'm not sure what you mean by uneven ends.

ttp://www.data-hosting.eu/v/2285027/Thunder_009.JPG

Please let me know if this works. If you can tell, the edge of my work is not even. I know now what I did wrong, but I was hoping someone knew how to fix it without having to unravel it all

The link should be http://www.data-hosting.eu/v/2285027/Thunder_009.JPG

...and then when you get to the page you have to wait 30 seconds and then enter the supplied verification code before you can view the picture.

Sorry alexann73, I still don't understand your question, but maybe someone else who sees the picture will be able to help :)

I saw the picture. The best thing to do would be to unravel the 3 rows of the yolk and place the appropriate stitches in the end of the row that you missed.

If you really don't want to do this, and really don't mind the way it is going to look at the back (I presume) there is an alternative. From where you are:

Chain 3.

Turn the yolk so you will be working into the back edge where you are missing the stitches.

Place 2 Double crochets into the side of the stitch of each row.

Join with a slip stitch to the row of missed stitches.

Fasten off and weave in ends. Join the yarn back into

Although this example is using sc, the photos will give you an idea of how to work the double crochets around the post of the stitches on the edge.

This will not look fantastic. But it will prevent you from taking out those 3 rows.

I highly recommend unravelling (aka frogging) though. It's not as tragic as it seems. You may be very frustrated later on to look at the rough fix. It's very satisfying to see the project done right.

Best of luck.

Thank you laureni526. I think I'll just unravel it and redo it. It didn't take that long to do in the first place, but it sooooo frustrating! My husband said I would be done by now if I would have went ahead and unraveled it instead of looking for the answer. As always he was right, but I learned alot looking anyways.

Archived