i saw a picture of an afghan, i'm trying it on my own w/out a pattern...

i'm in the process of making my own version of this style, join as you go blanket. boy my hands are tired. i'm not even anywhere near halfway done... i've never actually seen this pattern written out, i just like the picture and decided to try it on my own. i'm not sure how big her flowers are, or what type yarn and hook she calls for. i'm using caron, simply soft and a G hook. my flowers are 1" square, and i have to make 1080 flowers!!! LOL, its going to take me forever... but i've decided that i HAVE to finish this before i can buy any more yarn... i may even make another similar, but in a larger guage, or expand on the flower to make it two rounds instead of one.

i will post pictures of my blanket whan i find the camera, and some spare time!!

this pattern is in this book:

47 NO-SEW CROCHET AFGHAN PATTERNS AFGHANS PATTERN BOOK

47 FANTASTIC JOIN-AS-YOU-GO AFGHANS

5bb6_2.JPG

That's in the "Join As You Go" Afghan book from Annie's Attic - it's on sale there right now for dirt cheap.

It's called "Spring Bouquet" and it's on page 125. Their motifs are 3", and they use a K hook - I hope that's not giving too much away.

Anyway, the book is on clearance at Annie's Attic and it has tons of nice patterns in it; I think it's worth it to go ahead and pick it up.

It's called "Spring Bouquet" and it's on page 125. Their motifs are 3", and they use a K hook - I hope that's not giving too much away.

wow 3" i could have cut my work wayyyy down!! it will still look really nice when i'm done though...

once i'm done with the afghan collectors series, i'll have to pick this book up too...

thanks for the input...

Y'know, you could do some in all different sizes - some 2", some 3", etc. It would cut down on your work, you could still use the 1" ones you already made, and it would be really unique when you are done.

I love that look when it's done with granny squares - it shouldn't be too hard to do with floral motifs.

Beautiful:manyheart afghan! Hope you can work out how to make it on your own......will be looking forward to seeing your end result!:yes

I checked the website, and I didn't find that book listed there. I like that afghan a lot, so I thought I might take a look. Oh well... Make sure to let us see your finished work. I bet it'll be gorgeous! :manyheart

Archived