blankets

It really depends on SO many factors: afghan size, hook size, yarn type, your skill/speed level, and ESPECIALLY the pattern you use.

If you are making an afghan using a very simple pattern and a larger hook, you can make one in a few hours. If you're doing something more complicated, you can spend a hundred hours or more working on it.

If you see a pattern on here that you really like, or have something in mind, ask the maker how long it took her and you'll get a better idea. Sorry my answer is so vague, but there really is no easy answer!

My record for a blanket measuring 5ft by 6ft is four weeks but that was in a blind panick as I thought my mate wanted a small blanket and was asked 5 weeks before Christmas for a present for her mom I said no problem. (doh). depends hon I can get a large one done and sewn up in about 5 weeks. a smaller one will take me about a week. good luck xxxxSian xxx

Personally, I normally only make blankets that are big enough to be used on a queen size bed minimum, but mostly king size. The last one I made took me nearly 9 months!

It truly does depend on a lot of factors. My favorite fast one is a large granny square. Not much thought to put into it except the colors and where to change them. I am currently working on a pilloghan made with Paton's Divine (some mohair). I started it about 2 weeks ago (13 squares) and am now in the process of putting it together. I was really amazed at how fast that yarn works up having not used it before. It sure is beautiful though. More complex patterns will take longer than simple ones. Large hooks will work up faster than smaller ones. Same with yarn - reg 4ply will take much longer than chunky. Hope this will help some in answering your question.

You could do the Giant Granny square as a lap gahn. These are really easy and if you do one color you can finish it up quickly. I'm currently doing 12inch granny squares, regular squares, for a lapafghan and they are really easy and I think they look good.

http://iamtotallyobsessedwithyarn.bl...-pictures.html - link to the info on how to do the gaint granny square. This is done long instead of just square.

Debbi

Like the others have said, it depends on the pattern, yarn, and hook size. I'm working on a baby afghan that will likely end up being smaller even than a lapghan (just big enough for the car seat/stroller), and I worked out that it will take me around 21 hours just to do the granny squares, then it will likely take an extra hour or so to stitch it all together.

Archived