Free Online Crochet Classes Available

crochetkim

Question

I have just posted a new class schedule in my blog here:

http://kimguzman.bravejournal.com

Just look in the left links under Class Schedule. I've changed this "term" to Sunday nights. Not trying to leave anyone out. But, there was a lot of interest in weekend classes and this is the only time I'm pretty sure to be available on the weekend.

This term will include several regular crochet classes as well as cro-hook and Tunisian classes. So, please visit. No need to sign up. Just pick a date and time. Come back on the day of the class and enjoy!

If you are interested and have never joined one of my classes, please go ahead and try to get into the chatroom at a time before the class. You'll just need to make sure that your computer is able to access the chatroom. It requires java and some people have had to make some minor changes to their computer settings in order to access it. So, it's better to be safe and get in before the class.

Enjoy!

10 answers to this question

What a great thing to do :manyhearts It s a pity that this is 4 in the morning for me :(

Yes, that would be a little early to be trying to learn a new crochet technique. I've been able to have people in the class from around the world, when I start it at different times. Perhaps I'll be able to offer something at a later time that would fit in your schedule better. I'll keep trying. :)

I'm also thinking about that beginner tunisian class in June...have to write it down my memory is horrible! lol Its wonderful of you to do this, I'm always looking to learn something new

I'll try to post a reminder in this thread when the Tunisian classes start to remind you. If you've got a cro-hook, you might also be interested in the cro-hook class since it's really Tunisian, just with a double-ended hook. :)

well i m that addicted to crocheting and have noone else here!!!! you seem so good and this is so interesting that i think i wont be able to help it and i ll stay up one night :)

I have just posted a new class schedule in my blog here:

Just look in the left links under Class Schedule. I've changed this "term" to Sunday nights. Not trying to leave anyone out. But, there was a lot of interest in weekend classes and this is the only time I'm pretty sure to be available on the weekend.

This term will include several regular crochet classes as well as cro-hook and Tunisian classes. So, please visit. No need to sign up. Just pick a date and time. Come back on the day of the class and enjoy!

If you are interested and have never joined one of my classes, please go ahead and try to get into the chatroom at a time before the class. You'll just need to make sure that your computer is able to access the chatroom. It requires java and some people have had to make some minor changes to their computer settings in order to access it. So, it's better to be safe and get in before the class.

Enjoy!

I ck'd your site out, I enjoyed it, but couldn't find an "HOW TO" do a even

amt. of SC's ard. a blanket to start a border. I have a problem with it

still. I either put too many sts. or not enough. Do you know if there's a

tutorial site available?

jaye

I ck'd your site out, I enjoyed it, but couldn't find an "HOW TO" do a even

amt. of SC's ard. a blanket to start a border. I have a problem with it

still. I either put too many sts. or not enough. Do you know if there's a

tutorial site available?

jaye

It seems like I have something on my site about that, but it's tucked away in the resources section. Honestly, I'm sure there are a lot of things I haven't mentioned on my site about crocheting. I think I would go nuts trying to have it all. :yes

But, I do have a tip for you that will make it easier. It's really difficult to put a certain number of stitches down the side of an afghan. You either end up with too many or too few. So, it's a whole lot easier when you break it down.

Let's say that you need to put 200 stitches down the side of an afghan. Divide your afghan into sections. Yes, time-consuming, but not difficult. Take several small pieces of yarn. Fold the afghan in half. Tie a small piece of yarn there. Now, divide the halves again, by placing another small piece of yarn. Continue dividing the sections until you have small evenly-spaced sections. Let's say that you've got 10 sections now. You'll simply need to put 20 stitches in each section. And, trust me, it's a lot easier to fit 20 evenly-spaced stitches rather than 200.

:compute

I just wanted to post a reminder that tonight is the first night of the Tunisian classes. You can see the schedule by clicking on the left link "Class Schedule" and going into the chatroom. The link can be found in my blog here:

No sign up is necessary. It's free! It's fun! So, grab a hook and join us to learn a new technique with no stress and in the comfort of your home.

I recommend that you try to get into the chatroom ahead of time to ensure that you have java enabled on your computer so as to avoid disappointment at the time of the class. Have fun!

Archived