Friendship Afghan

I'm not sure where to post this but I was reading one of my older Crochet World magazines and there was a photo in there called a Friendship Afghan. What is was is kinda like the State Afghan where someone crochets a block and sends it to someone else and that person sends them a square of another state, only this one was from all over the world. People from Germany, Canada, Australia etc sent squares and vice versa. Does something like this sound interesting? I would have no idea how to organize anything like this, but would crochet blocks to send. Thanks for reading this.

Linda

I did this with quilt squares once. The way it worked was you sent your name and address to whoever was running the swap. Each time you finished a square you would contact the organizer for the name and address of the next person to send it to. The organizer keeps track of who is completing squares and who needs squares sent to them. That way for every square you sent out, you would get a square back in return. You could make as many squares as you wanted and end your participation whenever you wanted.

I'm not sure how it would work if you were trying to do it with states or countries though, because there would be no way to guarantee that you got enough people to participate from each state or country. I would probably recommend including a special story about why you chose the pattern you used for your square instead.

Would anyone be interested in participating in a Friendship Afghan Exchange like that?

I think this could be fun! I never done anything like this, but I agree, trying to get enough people from each state may be difficult! But does it really matter where they come from? The idea is to meet and share with new friends, right?! I'd do it!

Kim

If you all are interested in having something like this as an official Crochetville swap, you can send a PM to Craftimama (Juli), our swap coordinator, with a suggestion to add it to our schedule.

Or you could choose to organize it off-Crochetville on your own blog or website, and post a link in our Off-Forum Swaps thread.

If you all are interested in having something like this as an official Crochetville swap, you can send a PM to Craftimama (Juli), our swap coordinator, with a suggestion to add it to our schedule.

Or you could choose to organize it off-Crochetville on your own blog or website, and post a link in our Off-Forum Swaps thread.

Thanks Amy! I'll send a PM to Juli now. I think it would be nice to keep it within Crochetville, but if she's too busy to run it right now, I wouldn't mind running it through my own website. :hook

Okay, ladies! I have some news about this Friendship Afghan project. From what I understand, Crochetville's swap schedule for 2007 has already been set, so if we want to do it through Crochetville, we'll probably have to wait until next year.

So I was thinking of hosting it through my own website and posting a CAL for it in the CAL forum. Would you guys be interested in that, or would you rather wait until Crochetville gets it on their schedule?

So I was thinking of hosting it through my own website and posting a CAL for it in the CAL forum. Would you guys be interested in that, or would you rather wait until Crochetville gets it on their schedule?

This is a swap, not a CAL, so you wouldn't post information about it in the CAL forum. We have a special thread in the Swap folder called Off Forum Swaps. You would need to post information about it in this thread.

This is a swap, not a CAL, so you wouldn't post information about it in the CAL forum. We have a special thread in the Swap folder called Off Forum Swaps. You would need to post information about it in this thread.

Oh, okay. Well in that case, we'll have to wait until I have full Villager status, which I think will be at the end of May. Unless someone else wants to host it. :hook

Archived