Plastic Bag CAL

Hey everyone, your bags are looking great!

By the way, if you're looking for light pink or light blue bags to use, you can get them at a dollar store (I bought some from Dollar Tree and Dollar General). A $1 package gets you 30 large trash bags, and they are scented too! I liked making the plarn with them, because there were no handles to cut off, just the bottom.

I'm making a pink drawstring bag for one of the girls in my class, will keep ya posted....

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope this crochet-along is still alive. I thought I'd post my latest product and hope to get everyone going again. I crocheted this tote bag for an elderly lady for Christmas who likes pastel colors. I purchased the fun fur at the dollar store and added it to the while plastic bag yarn (plarn) to spruce it up for her.

funfurtote2.JPG

I have the free pattern here for anyone interested in crocheting this tote bag. Anyway this is my latest plastic bag and I hope others will check in on this crochet-along and show us their creations. :yes

I hope this crochet-along is still alive. I thought I'd post my latest product and hope to get everyone going again. I crocheted this tote bag for an elderly lady for Christmas who likes pastel colors. I purchased the fun fur at the dollar store and added it to the while plastic bag yarn (plarn) to spruce it up for her.

funfurtote2.JPG

I have the free pattern here for anyone interested in crocheting this tote bag. Anyway this is my latest plastic bag and I hope others will check in on this crochet-along and show us their creations. :yes

This is GREAT Cindy! I do plan to make a few of your plarn totes after I Christmas ornaments and everything.

Someone suggested buying plastic kitchen bags in different colors at the $1.00 store. The whole idea of using plarn, is to recycle the bags you get with your purchases. I notice that Recycle Cindy's bags look like that's just what she does. She might add something to it to perk it up, but basically she appears to be recycling. Isn't that what this is all about? The bags I had made (see my post,) were from my local supermarket.

I have been DYING to make this: http://www.myrecycledbags.com/2007/09/01/recycled-plastic-motif-rug/ ~which is the entire reason I even learned how to crochet~so I HAFTA join in!!! Only thing is, I only have white bags. I am really liking the idea of a different colored center. Maybe I'll try a black trash bag? LOL! (((((HUGS))))) sandi~so glad you started this! I'll get to makin' my plarn....

Someone suggested buying plastic kitchen bags in different colors at the $1.00 store. The whole idea of using plarn, is to recycle the bags you get with your purchases. I notice that Recycle Cindy's bags look like that's just what she does. She might add something to it to perk it up, but basically she appears to be recycling. Isn't that what this is all about? The bags I had made (see my post,) were from my local supermarket.

I don't get the whole "buying plastic kitchen bags"........ One can shop at different stores and get different colored bags. Locally we have one grocery that has blue, another brown and yet another white....

Just to clarify, all my plastic bags are recycled. I do not purchase bags to crochet with. If you need a different color, try asking others for them. I got pretty blue, purple, and green from others here on Crochetville. As far as the motif, you only need a few bags for the center colors and the rest are white. Best wishes to all you plarn lovers out there! :yay

• 1 month later...

Archived