Freedom halter 2007

OK this is a rough draft of what i wrote. where you may get confused is the edging because I forgot to count how many sc i had on each side of the edging, but i managed 3 shells on either side, so it may vary for everyone. its hard to explain what i was doing lol if anyone makes it and has suggestion let me know and i always love to see photos.

Freedom Halter 2007

Sized 18 months to 3T

H Hook

Sugar and Cream Cotton

Beads Optional

This works from the neck down. My daughter’s neck measured 9.5 inches.

Chain 41

Row 1: sc in the 2nd chain from the hook and in each row across. Turn

Row 2: chain 1, sc in each chain across. Turn

Row 3: chain 1, sc in each chain across. Turn

Row 4 slipstitch in the 1st 14 stitches, chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the next 11 stitches and leave remaining stitches un-worked. Turn

Row 5: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 6: chain 3 and dc across.

Row 7: chain 3, dc in same stitch as chain 3, 2 dc in next stitch, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last 2 dc. Turn

Row 8: chain 3 and dc across. (This row is where I added the beads)

Row 9: Repeat row 5

Row 10: repeat Row 6

Row 11: Repeat Row 5

Row 12: Repeat Row 6

Fasten off.

Round 1: Add red to end of blue and sc across then chain 28 attach to other end of blue for the skirt part of the halter.

Round 2: chain 3, dc in same stitch if chain 3 (shell made), skip next sc and do another shell, do a shell in ever other stitch around. You can either fasten off and add another color or do any color combo you like. I did 10 rows of shells alternating red and white.

Round 11: 5 dc in each space around, join and fasten off.

Edging and button hole: add blue right at the red and sc up the edge around the neck part to the end of the strap. When you get to the end of the strap, chain 3 and join on the other end of the strap, slip stitch in the next stitch and turn to round it off, now slip stitch back the way you came until you reach the top side of the halter then sc in the 1st sc, skip 1 stitch and do 5 dc in the next stitch down to where you added the blue. Repeat for other side, but when you reach the 1st corner of the 2nd strap turn and slip stitch back down to the edge of the halter and of the other side then you sc and shell down the other side. Or do any edging you desire. Sew a button on the opposite strap from the button hole.

Here is size 3-4T I just finished it.

Freedom Halter 2007

Sized 3 to 4T

H Hook

Sugar and Cream Cotton

Star Optional

This works from the neck down. My daughter’s neck measured 9.5 inches.

Chain 41

Row 1: sc in the 2nd chain from the hook and in each row across. Turn

Row 2: chain 1, sc in each chain across. Turn

Row 3: chain 1, sc in each chain across. Turn

Row 4 slipstitch in the 1st 13 stitches, chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the next 13 stitches and leave remaining stitches un-worked. Turn

Row 5: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 6: chain 3 and dc across.

Row 7: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 8: chain 3 and dc across.

Row 9: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 10: chain 3 and dc across.

Row 11: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 12: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 13: chain 3 and dc across.

Row 14: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 15: chain 3 (counts as 1st dc) dc in the same stitch as chain 3, dc across to last dc, 2 dc in last dc. Turn

Row 16: chain 3 and dc across, chain 28 and join to other side of blue. Fasten off.

Round 1: Join red and dc in each stitch around. Join.

Round 2: Chain 3. 2 dc in same stitch as chain 3 (shell made) shell in every other stitch around.

Repeat Round 2 for desired length and color changes.

I did 1 red/2 white/2 red/1 red

Edging round: 6 triple crochet in each space around, join and fasten off.

Halter edging and buttonhole: join blue at skirt edge. You need 33 single crochets on each side.

Sc up the edge around the neck part to the end of the strap. When you get to the end of the strap, chain 3 and join on the other end of the strap, slip stitch in the next stitch and turn to round it off, now slip stitch back the way you came until you reach the top side of the halter then sc in the 1st sc, skip 1 stitch and do 5 dc in the next stitch down to where you added the blue. Repeat for other side, but when you reach the 1st corner of the 2nd strap turn and slip stitch back down to the edge of the halter and of the other side then you sc and shell down the other side. Or do any edging you desire. Sew a button on the opposite strap from the buttonhole.

100_1741.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It might help if you put the color you start with on top so you can see that right away before reading the pattern. Also, on the bigger size pattern, toward the end of the pattern, you list 2 red then 1 red, do you mean two red then one white or blue? I would love to see a picture it sounds like a lovely pattern. I would love to make it.

Archived