Lion Chenille

4PJ

I have found at WM this yarn that I love to feel and on the wrapper was a pattern for this adorable cute little crochet purse needing only one skein!! :clap I can't wait to work it! I sent a skein to a fellow crocheter who sent me a blue doily! I will take a picture of the purse whenever I get to it. I'm sure it's on the Lion Brand website if anyone wants to see the colors...I chose Demin Blue:fluffy

Hi PJ!

I made this purse earlier this year for my mom. It works up so fast and looks great! Rebecca just made one for the bag along. She added boning to make it sturdy. It's kind of floppy by itself. Have fun making it! :)

I used Lion Brand thick and quick chenielle for one of my very first projects. I made a shrug (like a shawl with sleeves) in black. The yarn is really soft and is easy to wash and dry, but it wormed horribly and even after washing it still sheds little black hairs over everything.

I'm not sure if my problems were because of the yarn or because I was/am an inexperienced crocheter. I worked it pretty loosely (a mesh of dc/ch1/dc) with a P hook and after it was done, loops (aka worms) flopped out of all the stitches. Maybe I needed to use a tighter tension or take better care to keep the yarn straight and smooth when working the stitches?

Post back after you're done working making the bag and share how it was to work with.

I'd love to use this yarn again but I'm hesitant to buy more if it's just going to be loopy every time.

:-) Bettina

Bettina,

I've used the LB thick and quick chenielle for quite a few projects, and I had no problems with it worming. Granted, I tend to crochet a little on the tight side. I thought it worked up lovely! I've made a stocking and several scarves with it. And a pair of mittens (my first attempt) that came out a bit too large. If it weren't for the cost, I'd use it every time! LOL

Hey Tiff since this is my first purse project.....what is 'boning' you were talking about? :shrug

Searching for link.... So that you don't have to search through the bagalong pages, Rebecca wrote this about boning -

you choose your boning - your store will have different stiffness' to choose from - if your bag will be lined, you can use regular biased tape, but your boning in that, and stititch it to the top and/or bottom of the lining - if you aren't lining - you can slip it into a matching double folded bias tape and then stitch that on.....

Hey, thanks for the link/pic of 'boning'...learn something new everyday! :D

ok, I begin my tiny purse TODAY with this yarn....I will post a pic when I complete it:camera

....of course I have threeother projects in the mist...so give me some time!:time

Archived