New Doris Chan Book Due September 2007!! UPDATE: See Post #5

hooked2

Was just browsing the selection of crochet books over at amazon.com (a place I should avoid like the plague - :rolleyes!!!) Anyhow, as I scrolled through the list of books, guess what I saw? A listing for a book titled "Everyday Crochet: Wearable Designs Just for You" from Doris Chan (:applause:clap)!! According to the info over there, it's due out September 18th!! And one can pre-order it!

Unfortunately, there's not a description of its contents (:no)! I love Doris' work, but I'd like some idea of the patterns that her newest book contains (:think). Perhaps Doris could give us an idea (:dreaming). "Doris?"

Must...get....book...

Hah my hubby will love that I will just HAVE to have this book...so far I have not come across a doris Chan pattern that I don't like. Have you seen her new ones in the Interweave crochet mag that just came out??

Melissa

If I remember right, which may or may not be on track..lol

I THINK she said she is going to have more, PLUS sized things, so I will keep my eye out for this.:hook

• 2 weeks later...

I received the following reply (in blue) 3:00PM today from Random House:

"The book description should appear on Amazon.com this Sunday, when the website refreshed its content. In the meantime, here’s a copy of the fact sheet for the title that describes the book’s content. Don’t forget that Doris has another book already out with Potter Craft called AMAZING CROCHET LACE—it is available now!

Here’s the book description for EVERYDAY CROCHET:

The recent rediscovery of crochet and knitting has exploded into a hot trend, and it's steadily growing into a do-it-yourself fashion phenomenon. Doris Chan responds to the call for handcrafted, fashion-forward designs with a collection of fresh and funky crochet attire.

Though crochet has long been seen as knitting's less popular cousin, it is quickly gaining momentum as the needle art in the limelight. With the publication of Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker, many new faces will learn what dedicated crocheters have known forever: crocheting is fast and flexible. Using only one crochet hook instead of two knitting needles offers more freedom to create different stitches and amazingly textured fabrics. Those who couldn't master knitting but want to play with yarn have another opportunity to hand make one-of-a-kind clothing and accessories.

The collection of crochet designs in EVERYDAY CROCHET explores the possibilities beyond the traditional suit or twin-set. Armed with basic crochet skills, readers can crochet tops, skirts, jackets, layering pieces, and accessories: a wardrobe of versatile garments that may be mixed, matched, and layered with each other or with the clothes most women will already have in the closet.

The introduction will expand on the author's seamless modus operandi introduced in Amazing Crochet Lace, with techniques for shaping stitches in pattern and special focus on shells of all kinds. Using a variety of closed and open stitches, yarns, and colorways, readers can make wearable ensembles for any season and any mood. Many patterns will offer fitting tips and options for adjusting length, sleeve, and neckline, as well as sizing for ample figures up to 3XL-- up to 52" bust or 54" hip--to help readers achieve a signature look."

Archived