What's up at Hobby LobbY?

DeltaDawn

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a bit concerned when I saw some rearranging going on and asked a clerk. She said they'd be crazy to get rid of yarn or fabric with the Wal Mart stores getting rid of theirs! Sure enough, the gappy shelves are all now refilled, but they've shrunk back... looks like they've reduced a row's worth of stuff.... I still saw a good bit of variety, though, and they still have the best selection of hooks & all that of other stores around.

I think they're phasing out a few things here and there for the HL brand. I don't care what brand it is, so long as it's the right color and type of yarn. I don't think they would do anything like remove RH without having an equivalent HL match..

I just got home from work and a trip to Hobby Lobby. The lady that is in charge of the yarn dept. was working on finishing up the yarn reset. I made the comment that I wished they would come out with new colors of the brand 'I Love This Yarn', and she told me there are A LOT of new colors coming out. They are already ordered, and she is hopeful they will be in the store Thursday!! She told me there would be 7 oz. skeins and 5 oz. skeins. It looks like there will be at least 4 variegated yarns, as well as more solids :clap:clap

The bad news.....the price will be 2.49 a skein for all the new colors. But that is ok. I"ll pay the 2.49 because I really love the yarn. It is so soft, easy to work with, and holds up very well.

I will be stopping at HL on my way home from work Thursday to see if it is in yet :yes

The last time I was at Hobby Lobby was last week. I had someone waiting in the car and I got sick and was in the bathroom most of the time I was in the store. Things were a mess though, especially with the yarn department. The yarn used to be up front, now they are moving it in the back. Just based on what I saw, they had a lot of lion brand speciality yarns on clearance, and they still had a ton of their own novelty yarns. Everything else was scattered between the two sections. Given how slow this particular store is, it will probably take them until Christmas to actually get it all straightened out.

They did have tons of stuff on clearance all over the store. I got some nice fabric pens that are usually $6-$8 a pack for a bit over $2. I am hoping to go back at the end of the week because I need a piece of fabric for lining for a crocheted purse I'm making.

Mine isn't completely reorganized yet, but the yarn is getting there (fabrics are still a mess). I saw some of the Vanna's Choice yarn and can't wait for an excuse to buy some.

Archived