Yarn help

Lavender

mmmm what kind of yarn?? (i've only got experince with red heart) the only kind i've used besides red heart, I don't think it was center pull kind....i just unwrapped it LOL

i have found that if i insert a finger in each end then turn the skein around that i will find a "soggy" spot of yarn. its a spot that isn't as tightly wound as the others... then i pull that out. works *almost* every time!

• 4 months later...

Usually there is no problem to find the pull end. I always find at one of the ends of the skein. It is much much easier to work with that way. Usually they are fairly easy to find, most of the time, they are already showing, even in the store, sometimes, where they have been pulled out some. This is where folks have looked throw the colors.

Hope you can figure out how to find the pull from middle because it is so much nicer to work with that way instead of unwrapping yarn from outside skein.

I haven't worked with that many different types of yarns, but I have never had a problem finding Red Heart's. I did, however, have a big problem with Bernat's Softee Baby so I ended up just pulling out a chunk from the middle, which usually gave me the end, and then unravelling that chunk. It wasn't that hard, but occasionally I had to really tug at the middle and sometimes about a third came out, so it was a little bit of a pain in the butt. And if it's a small skein of yarn, I unroll/unravel it into a coffee can and use it from there instead of trying to fuss with the center pull thing.

Archived