Round Ripple ? # of skeins used?

I'm a little short on Cash right now so i'm having to use what i have. On average to make a nice size round ripple, how many skiens do ya'll on average use. Right now I've got a full skien of varigate RHSS, 2 full skeins of solids, and 1/2 skein of another solid, I have enough cash for a little bit extra but not that much....

It's tough when you have to start scrimping, but I have to do what I have to do... Maybe I should to crochet slower.... :think

The directions that I used for my Round Ripple said 12-18 oz. of yarn. Depending on the size of your skeins you may have enough yarn for the RR. It will also depend on the size you make. You could stop when you run out of yarn. A lot of girls like smaller baby blankets. :c9

• 1 year later...

If it's for a baby, I will get 2 skeins of Caron SS (12 oz or so) and one skein of Bernat Baby Coordinates (7 oz or so) and hold one strand of Caron with one strand of Baby Coordinates, and just crochet until I run out of Baby Coordinates. I use a J size hook, and it comes out about 30" I believe, great for putting over a car seat, or something like that. I make them for kids too, and for about a lapghan size blanket, I use 4 solid skeins, and 1 verigated of Red Heart SS, and usually have some left over. I would say, I could get two blankets out of 6 skeins of solid, and 1 skein of verigated, probably. 1 skein of solid is 7 oz, and verigated is 5, just in case you have the old skeins that were 8/6 oz. Sigh...

Hope that helps! :)

Victoria

For a 30-ish inch RR I use about 3 full skeins. The last one I did had 6 colors and I used up about 2/3 of each.... I was also using a G hook. (I should have gone up one though... I had issues with it lying flat...)

I just finished a 65" across one and used all most all of a RH 1 pounder black and all most 2 RHSS soft white. I used a "J" hook, and a single strand.

I'm not sure how much I used but I did not hold two strands together either, I used the hook between G and H it is my favorite hook at the moment. Mine is a Susan Bates as I like a sharp head. I used Caron Simply Softs Brights.

Archived