Rosemary & Thyme

Anyone seen episodes of this British mystery series? I love the crocheted sunhat that one of the ladies always seems to be wearing when they're out working in the gardens. Looks like scraps of different colors of yarn and the pattern looks like it'd be simple enough. I'd love to make one in the varied colors or even all in cream. Wonder if I could figure out a pattern or find one?

Thanks. That looks a lot like the hat, except it was solid, with no pattern around the middle. Much easier for me to start with, though. I didn't even know this show existed, except that I found dvds of episodes at my library. :)

• 7 months later...

This is one of my favorite shows, but I don't get PBS very well -- it's all snowy! But I love the show so much, I suffer through the bad reception. I'll be sure to watch closely for the hat, though. :yes

How clever of you to take note! I was admiring the hat, and other pretty things they wear! Have you seen the return showings of Felicity Kendall in Good Neighbors ? Very funny. 1975, I think...... she was quite young in it. (they do seem to be so well dressed for gardening, don't you think?!)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I tried recreating the hat from scratch and can't seem to get the shape quite right. If anyone knows where there's a pattern that looks like her hat, I'd appreciate it. I was using scraps tied together and wound into a ball combined with a strand of off white yarn. Colors were so pretty but the hat just isn't coming out right. Maybe I need to go look at the episodes again.

i love this show also glad to know it is on dvd and 3 seasons worth. i am going to look tomorrow for a copy. what a way to spend a weekend of not feeling well..a warm blanket and cup of hot chocolate and good shows on the telly...

Archived