Sandman Afghan CAL?

I was wondering if anyone was interested in making the Sandman Afghan from www.crochetgarden.com

I'm making one for my parents that I just started for a queen size bed and I also plan to make a child size one for my fiance's baby cousin for his first birthday (in September but that gives me a while for it). But I thought it would be a nice CAL since the finished produced is really nice. Anyone up for it?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did everyone give up on this? :shrug

I just posted some progress on my blog (link below). It's working up slower than I'd like it to but I'm happy with the outcome so far.

I hope all your blankets are coming along well! :hook

Thanks for sharing this site. It has lots of neat patterns. I make preemie hats and quickly printed off that pattern too! I purchased the afghan pattern through paypal. Now, I will wait for the pattern. Hope it comes quickly...How exciting!

thanks, Deb

nope. Still plugging along on mine. I was not happy with the hook size I was using. I started over with a larger hook and need to frog what I had started. I work on this one when I go to the laundry mat. I have so many things going on right now I can't just do this one and get it done.

Great to see people are still working on theirs!

I, too, have found the progress on this pattern to be a bit slow (as compared to others who found it worked up very fast). I even said to my husband that I was getting a bit bored with this one - the repetition and the back and forth. He snickered and said "Isn't that the same with all your projects? The same thing back and forth?" I had to laugh with him! :lol

I think the boredom is coming from the feeling that I've been working on it forever and just haven't made the progress I expected. Maybe that's why I like to crochet more than I like to knit - instant gratification! :hook

I'm using a size F hook on this. It worked best with the Bernat Softee yarn I'm using. The 10 or so rows I had to frog was when I used my G hook by accident. What size hook and yarn is everyone else using?

I am using my Jimbo size H. My problem is that it's nicer weather and I just don't have the same amount of time to crochet. I also don't need this one done until Christmas. I know it will get done and be beautiful!!

I have gotten through one full skein on mine now. I find that using the larger hook it is going faster. I still only get to this one at the laundry or while waiting at the doc office with my folks. Gonna get it done one of these days!!!!!!

add me to the list. i am doing one in bernat softee baby. the color is his jeans ombre. i have it almost 1/2 done. i love the design. it is so great for all the males you want to make something for. as i posted in the past my husband ( who hates frilly) asked for one for our king size bed. he has used it every night since i completed it.

what makes it so a wonderful design is that by just changing the color it is perfect for both males and females. i have made a few for baby shower gifts and they are always a BIG hit!

now i will have to take some more pics of the one i am doing and share it here.

nadine

I'll join this CAL but I won't be able to work on anything until I get a few other projects done. I do love the pattern though. Does anyone know how well it would work done with stripes? My hubby wants an afghan but he wants it in burgundy and black with blue edges.

Archived