Crystal Lace Bolero from CrochetMe CAL

MBC Designs

Anyone want to join me?

I started today, very slow progress w/ four kids in the house today. :P

Link to Pattern: Crystal Lace Bolero

Here's a picture of my yarn:

418766449_452fde7c4b_m.jpg

It's an unraveled sweater, well at least the arm of the sweater so far. :lol If you can't tell, it's light blue&dark blue. It also has some elasticity to it. Which is always good.

Here's my first square:

419087369_0fbb63e4dd_m.jpg

I know the detail is hard to see because of the twisting of the two colors, but I like how it looks in person.

My square is .5" bigger then the gauge all the way around. I'm not sure which size to make, I guess I'll have to wait and see. :)

Anyone in?

Well here's my progress:

420270807_2a54e54e82_m.jpg

There's actually a bit more done, but I'll get a updated pic up later.

hmmm...dosent seem anyone wants to join me. Oh well, I'm still gonna post progress. At least I'm doing it w/ someone over on craftster. :)

this would not be the pattern for me. Boleros look awful on me.

But this is a really cute pattern. I can't wait to see how it looks in the mixed blue yarn. Please keep posting.

Bev

Okay so I ended up taking this apart, because I needed a bigger size. Anyway, I've got only a handful of squares left to make then I can start putting it together again. :)

I'd join you except I already made one!! I love the way the squares dissappear as you assemble them. It's an awesome pattern.

let's see if I can find a pic of mine...

Here are a few blog posts.... when it was in progress, finished and modeled.

I'll check back in to see how you're doing. Can't wait to see how it turns out withyour color.

• 2 weeks later...

Yours is looking very good. I was in the CAL with Ginny but mine became a PIG ... you've inspired me and I pulled it out today. I hope to get back into the groove and FINISH! I only have two 3/4 squares to attach and then the ribbing. I would like to wear it for Easter (after weaving in hundreds of ends!!). This can count toward my WIP CAL, too!!

Here's a picture of mine so far: http://bp0.blogger.com/_QBgGObpTbok/RgnSOe34PYI/AAAAAAAAAEg/Jp5WT2VoZiI/s1600-h/CrystalLaceBoleroPT1a.JPGCrystalLaceBoleroPT1a.JPG

CrystalLaceBoleroPT1a.JPGCrystalLaceBoleroPT1a.JPG

Archived