I taught myself Tunisian!

One of my crochet resolutions this year was to learn Tunisian crochet. Well, I was frustrated with the Project Linus blanket I've been working on for 2 weeks (short story: my chapter had yarn donated to it without wrappers, and the 4 skeins of red they gave me are different shades!), so last night I decided to try something totally different. Got out some of my reference books, my practice ball of WW yarn, and the one Tunisian hook that was in my mom's knitting needle collection that she gave me last year, and taught myself the basic stitch. I'm so proud of myself, and it's so much easier than I thought. I called my mom to tell her, and she thought it was hard, too. Now to find some patterns to use with it. Any ideas? Patty

Well I went looking on Annie's Attic, because they used to have free patterns on the pages with the stitch instructions, to practice that particular stitch... but now they're not there anymore. :think:shrug And that was the only place I could think of to get a pattern using that particular stitch. :sigh Oh well.... sorry!!!

But good for you!!! You not only learned it, but you taught yourself! Well done!

I haven't learned it yet, because I'm having a hard time finding that kind of hook. Now that I know what it is, though, I realize that I had one while growing up. It wasn't until I moved out of the house and varioius moves later that I lost it. I always thought it was for finishing off knitted work with! :lol

Congrats!

I really like the look of Entrelac Tunisian. I started and others have asked questions about Entrelac in the help section last year. Someday, I want to make an afghan using this technique and I think a bag/purse wold look nice.

You can find tuts here and here for entrelac. The best thing about this is you can use a regular crochet hook.

I've made a scarf using different Tunisian stitches. Not sure why but some of links on my blog don't work.

Congratulations. :cheer:clap:cheer :hug

I've been on again/off again teaching myself Tunisian because my hand hurts after a little while. I can't wait to see your finished projects using this method.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

Congrats :clap I agree it is easier done than it looks. I am also beginning to actually try it, even though I've had my tunisian hook for years and have not made anything with it. I'm now making a dishcloth using a simple pattern. I think that variegated yarns and threads come out so well in tunisian stitch. :hook

Archived