Blast from the Past...

I wasn't sure where to put this but definitely wanted to share b/c I thought some might find these inspiring...

The link below takes you to photos of my DD wearing 2 outfits that were made for me by my paternal grandmother (who passed away when I was 4). Claire will be 4 next month. I've scanned a photo of me (yikes) wearing the ladybug outfit w/my mom when I was almost 4.

The ladybug ensemble is knit. The poncho is knit w/cross-stitch on top and a crochet edging. My Grandma Lu could both knit and crochet - I also have some animals that she knit and crocheted for me and I'll try to get pics of them up as well.

Would love to know what you all think!

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/tiggerhale/album/576460762392444172

Very cool! I was remembering a crochet outfit my Gram made me when I was a baby last night. Unfortunately, I think the doll that inherited it when I outgrew it was still wearing it when I geve it away a couple of years ago. It was a dress with a solid bodice and granny square skirt I think and matching diaper cover in pink and white. I'm glad you were able to pass on such fun stuff to your own daughter.

Archived