Afghan Tips

what do you do when your working on a very large afghan regarding the weight and bulk? I am working on an Aran afghan and its getting quit big but I am having a hard time with the weight and bulk of it so I decided to try something so I took a scrunchie from my daughter that she uses to keep her hair up and then I rolled up the afghan and fit the scrunchie like an elastic if you will around the middle, now its all confined and i just have to crochet around and around at the top. Any other tips out there? or what do you do with such a problem

sue

laugh if you will, but I bunch up the next foot or two, and stick it under my arm! It holds it right at hand level, or I can lend you my 35lb cat, just stick him under, and it will _still_ be at arm level ;)

Cheers!

Cyn

I'm a buncher as well. At the moment I'm working on a mammoth ripple, and it gets so twisted from me turning it without straightening it out.

I like the scrunchie idea though....I just need to find one big enough :)

I keep mine on my lap and when it gets too big to flip, I turn it counterclockwise at the end of one row and then clockwise at the end of the next. That way it only has one twist in it every other row and doesn't need to get spun around and around and around.:hook

I use this method as well! :)

I keep mine on my lap and when it gets too big to flip, I turn it counterclockwise at the end of one row and then clockwise at the end of the next. That way it only has one twist in it every other row and doesn't need to get spun around and around and around.:hook

I try to remember to do this but often forget which way I turned it last time. Once it gets too big, I stretch my legs out on the couch and get comfortable under it while I'm working on it. If I get too warm under it, I just flop it all beside me and try to remember to untwist it as I work it.

Hugs and Cookies

Auntie K

I will either roll or accordian fold mine and use 3 or 4 crochet hooks...weave them through all layers evenly spaced across the width to keep it rolled/folded and as it gets longer...I take the hooks out and redo it.

Archived