MAJOR Mail Day!!!!!!!

Today was my day off from work (I only get one day a week off) :irk and, to add insult to injury, it is a pouring rain day here. DH took a walk up to the lobby (we live and work at a resort hotel) to see if we had any mail, and BOY OH BOY did I HAVE MAIL! :cheer:clap:c9

I had a big box filled with 58 skeins of boucle :hook:yarn that I won on Ebay and I had a package from MediaMail that had both of my Stitch and Bitch books in it, The Happy Hooker and Stitch and Bitch Nation! The best part is I can sit and play with all of it now because it's pouring rain and there's nothing worthwhile doing outside! :yay Yay for rain! :lol So now I'm in a quandary :think , which project am I going to do first? I want to make myself a fat bottom bag but I haven't gotten my Lion Brand Suede yet, that should be here in another couple of days. But I am overrun with boucle now, and it's a GORGEOUS, SOFT boucle, so I've got to choose something out of the books to use some of it on. At least I've got my night cut out for me. :hook All I've been doing lately is making some granny squares out of scraps in my stash to try to work down my stash a bit, because come the beginning of next month, I'm feeling the need to find one of those really huge lots of yarn on Ebay to buy. Summer will be here soon (pool season comes early to South Texas) and I need things to work on out by the pool. :) But at least for now I have my books and boucle to keep me busy! I LOVE great mail days! :cheer

Elle

I never thought about the workers living at a resort... how cool. which one is it? Congrats on your eBay win!!

It's really a lot of fun. When we're off duty we have the run of the place. It's not one of the big places with a golf course or anything, but that's fine with me since I don't golf anyway. I work the 3-11 shift, so I have an olympic sized pool surrounded by big palm trees to sit and crochet by on summer mornings, and my "day off" runs from Sunday afternoon at 3:00 until Tuesday afternoon at 3:00, so I usually spend that time sitting by the pool crocheting as well. I'd prefer not to give the name of the place in a public forum as it would be the same as anyone else simply giving out their address, but if it's OK, I will PM you with it if you want to know. :)

Elle

:)I love mail days like that. Right now I'm waiting on a package of Red Heart Jeweltones in emerald that I won on Ebay. Love it - love it.

Debi Y. :hook

I'm waiting on my Lion Brand Suede yarn. I was going to buy it from Knitting Warehouse and then I found an Ebay auction for 6 skeins of it (all one color, like a dark golden brown, I can't remember the name) and I won the 6 of them for $25 INCLUDING shipping! So that was a pretty good deal! I will need two of them for a fat bottom bag and then I'll have to find something to do with the other four. I would like to find a pattern for a moccasin-type slipper because I think they'd be real cute done in the "Suede". I'll have to search around and see what I can find, I'm sure there's one out there somewhere. I wish I was a gifted as some of the folks here when it comes to designing my own patterns, but unfortunately as yet I am merely a crocheter who can follow instructions. :hook

Elle

You must be close to me. It rained a little here today too. Congrats on your MAIL. I'm sure you'll figure out how to use it all.

I'm about halfway between Houston and Corpus. :)

Elle

Archived