Has anyone read this book on spinning???

deneen

I have it! It really is a great resource and if I should ever give up on my attempts to spin, I will share it with someone who doesn't have it. :)

lol Rebecca.

I'm an all out kinda gal too, but I tend to look just before I jump. I read/research/try to learn a bit about something before I take that leap. Once I do it though, I get obsessed with learning it/doing it. If I can learn it and do it reasonably well, I stick to it and enjoy it. If I can't get it, don't understand it, or don't have fun with it, out the window it goes. I give up and never want to do it again usually lol.

Spinning is here to stay lol. It's fun, so even if it gets hard, I'll stubborn it out lol. So far it's been pretty easy to learn though :spina

LOL Rebecca

I already hinted to hubby that there's one on the site where I found the Seraphina Shawl, Here, that's made from PVC and a bike wheel that I would love to have. It's really basic from the looks of it, but it's cheap to make and might get me by for a little while longer before I start hollering about a real wheel *g*

His reply? (as I'm spinning away) "But doing it the way you are now is more time consuming." He oh so wrongly thinks I am just filling my time up with this new hobby of mine. I quickly set him straight, informing him that I am NOT just killing time, I am doing something magickal herre, not to mention helping to keep a tradition alive. Told him that someday I'll teach my grandbabies how to spin, and he can teach them how to build a computer ;) That way, we can keep 'em modern, yet keep the old ways alive too :spina

i want a wheel too .. but havent the room here.. i have to wait.. UGH .. i hate waiting.. i mean if it were like 2 weeks. . .then that would be ok but its like i have to wait for a year and a half.. double UGH..

i look at it this way.. i am gonna be reallllllllllllly good with my drop spindles by then !!

Archived