Yet Another Fat Bottom Question

I hate to ask questions that someone else has already asked when it's so easy to take a quick look to see if anyone else has ever had my same problem. I read through the board to see if I could find a response to this before asking, but I didn't see anything that was of any help, so here goes...

To those of you who have already made the fat bottom purses in the Happy Hooker book - how much yarn do they take? I have ordered the book for myself but it has not yet arrived, and I wanted to order my yarn (I'm purchasing the Lion brand Suede yarn) at the same time that I order the yarn for my afghan. If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. The Suede is kind of pricey, so I don't want to order too much of it, but I also don't want to have to re-order it in case it's not the same dye lot when I re-order it. Thanks in advance for any assistance! :)

Elle

Both my friend and I made these, I have made two and she has made five, each time they have used less than one skien of the Lion Brand Cotton, and I believe that the skien is 5 ounces.

Hope that helps.

I've made four of these and used Bernat handicrafter cotton or sugar and cream cotton for them. I bought 3 of the 50 g skeins for each and only had a small amount left over.

I would think that with the suede you may need a bit more yarn because it's bulkier than cotton.

Thank you KnicKnac and Chainofools both for your input! I didn't notice the weight on the suede, but it's probably quite a weighty yarn. I'm going to look at the Bernat cotton and see what the yardage is on that, since when there's such a difference in yarn weights the yardage is probably more important than the actual weight of the skein. At least you have given me a type of skein to use as an example though, thanks!

And Melissa, I couldn't agree more! It wouldn't be a bad thing at ALL to have extra LB Suede hanging around! :lol

Elle

I just made one with LB Suede ... I used one and a little bit of another skien. 1 just wasn't enough to finish it. The yardage is enough but because its bulkier you need the extra bit.

I allways try to buy one more skien of whatever I am going to make; cause 9 times out of 10 ; I usually end up needing more yarn. :lol

I love that seude yarn you are talking about too. It is so soft. I made a shawl out of it in the deep cranberry color. :yes

Archived