VS Skirt CAL, anyone still working on it?

LizaKaye

Hi, this is my first post, but I've been following the VS skirt CAL for a few weeks, but had other things going, so it wasn't possible to work on it when the CAL was in high gear.

BUT, now I've bought yarn and started crocheting this evening. I bought variegated sugar & cream. Is that going to work for this skirt or will it be entirely too heavy? I might need to wait and get yarn during the weekend, when I can get to a better yarn store than the local Wal-Mart.

AND do you think the variegated yarn will detract from the pattern?

Please share your thoughts.........:think

I, too, just started this skirt last week, although I have had to put it aside for awhile. IMO, the worsted weight will be too heavy. I wouldn't use anything heavier than a sportweight, just so it looks delicate and not "grow" on you due to the weight of the yarn.

As far as the variegated yarn, I suppose it depends on how much you like variegated. In doilies, I have always thought the variegated detracts from the pattern. Your eye follows the variegation and make the pattern more difficult to find. STRICTLY my opinion, so please, nobody feel offended by it!:D

After getting diagram 1 completed, I decided I didn't really like it, so I frogged it. I ordered the senso cotton wool in tan, so I think that will work better.

I agree with you about the variegated yarns detracting from doilies, so I'm going to make the sugar & cream into a cardigan that I can wear WITH the skirt, now I am really excited!

Thanks for the input.

• 2 months later...
Go to the original CAL by Svetlana, and there are pictures & stitch diagrams posted on the first page. You can click on them-to print.

Hi...a newbie that has joined this forum. Back when I was lurking I remember there was a thread for this VS skirt, I've just done a search and I can no longer find the thread with the pics and the diagrams. Does anyone else have the link saved?

And I'm sorry to ressurect an old thread here. (been looking for some skirt patterns so I came across this one).

The original thread has had to be archived (hopefully temporarily) due to copyright issues.

The designer's original graph patterns are hosted on a Russian site that also allows uploads of scanned pattern images from books and magazines that are protected by copyright law. Our forum guidelines do not allow links to sites that allow these files to be uploaded without permission of the original copyright holder.

We would like to get permission from the original designer to host her graph patterns here so we can return the CAL thread to the forum. However, Svetlana, the person who organized the CAL and is friends with the designer, has not been able to get in touch with her. (Svetlana is here in the US; the designer is in Russia.)

Hopefully, Svetlana will eventually be able to make contact with the designer and get her permission to host her patterns somewhere else. If not, we won't be able to return the CAL thread to the forum.

• 2 years later...

Archived