Charity Item Made With Sock Yarn Help!

Vickietoria

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but recently, I was given some scraps of sock yarn, knowing that I would make something for charity out of them. I've been looking for sock patterns, but haven't seen anything in crochet that I feel like I could do. I'd really like something for kids, since the charity of the month that my group is doing is focusing on kids in an elementary school. I would LOVE a good child sock pattern, but can't seem to find anything like that. There are several good patterns, but they need you to try the sock on first, and I don't have a little one to try it on. Anyway, I'm not limited to socks if there is something else that sock yarn is good for that an elementary school age kid might like. Thanks for your help!! :manyheart

You can hold two strands of sock yarn together and make almost anything. You'll end up with a sport-weight yarn and that should be great for hats, scarves, sweaters, etc.

I'm with ROLI ..... double yarn can make almost anything LOL. Or six inch squares for Jimmylu's next challenge.....or preemie caps ..... sock yarn doesn't mean the yarn is limited to socks. I see by your post you are making squares for warm up America and project linus; more yarn, more squares.. God Bless You for thinking of others first

Great ideas everyone! I guess I'm just a little nervous because the yarn is so beautiful, and I'm used to Red Heart, which is great, but this is self striping, and one has wool in it, and things like that. It's really a bag of scraps. Thanks for trhe suggestions, and if anyone has more, I really appreciate it! :)

Victoria

Archived