I taught my first person tonight...

I crochet nearly everywhere I go. I met a lady last week at gymnastics that said she sees me crochet every week and was wondering if I would teach her. I was nervous when she asked because I'm not a good teacher. :eek

However, I told her I would because I didn't want her to think I was rude. I printed some basic instructions and then sat with her tonight and ran through some single crochets and how to turn the project. She really did a good job for a first time. :clap

I was happy that the lesson turned out okay. :hook

:cheer That is great! You never know when you will get the opportunity to pass on the love of crochet. I am so grateful I have a mom who passed it on to me! I put in a lot of time with my kids sports teams and drag a basket of projects with me everywhere (I hate to just sit when I could be crocheting!). I try to keep an extra hook and ball of yarn around in case the opportunity to teach comes up, and many times it does! I'm sure the lady you are teaching appreciates your willingness to help her learn!:hook

Good for you. You got over your apprehensions and taught someone a little crochet. I think it is wonderful. You are a good teacher and you had a remarkable student.

You are awesome!

:manyheart

Archived