Chemo caps

kraftinkim

I was asked by the hospital where I volunteer if I could make some chemo caps for the cancer patients. I gladly accepted since I will get double volunteer hours for the time I sit at home in front of my TV crocheting the caps. Gotta love that idea.

You can see my caps at http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=6118897&uid=3020529

If you would like the pattern, I got it through the croshay lady who asks that people not share the pattern with others. However, she said if others write to her, she will gladly share. You can reach her at croshaydesign@msn.com. I think she just wants to make sure that people know it is a copyrighted pattern. You can also check out her website at www.croshaydesign.com. There is a link on there to send her a message.

I will be taking my first batch of hats to the Hospitality House tomorrow afternoon. I hope the four new patients coming in tomorrow will like the colors I have chosen.

Happy Crocheting

Kim:knit

Well, I took some chemo caps to the Hospitality House as well as the cancer floor at the hospital. They were such a hit, I may have to hire someone to help me. HE HE Only kidding, but they are going to keep me busy. It was so nice and gave me such a warm feeling when a couple of the cancer patients put on the caps and gave a huge smile. What a great thing! I am so happy that I can do this.

So, if anyone has any scrap yarn they don't know what to do with (do any of us have any of that?) please contact me and I will certainly make good use of it.

Happy crocheting!

Kim

Guest lillian1969

I used to volunteer at the hospital when I was a teenager,I loved it.It is great what you are doing for the patients god bless you

Nice caps Kim. My daughter started making skull caps when she was diagnosed with cancer in 2003. Last year while at home and during chemo treatments she made 60 hats, giving them out to the churches at Christmas and to other chemo patients. Basically that is the only thing she likes to crochet because she does not have to count and/or change colors. A picture of a small portion of them can be seen at mllorf.blogspot.com Before giving them away we took a pic of all of them.:w-snow

Archived