"Ami-tomical" Valentine

Girl Kris

I have only tested the "heart" part of this pattern, please let me know if anything is confusing or if I have made mistakes. The photo is on my blog, I will post it here as soon as possible. Happy crocheting!

heartsketch.jpg

“Ami-tomical” Heart

“L” hook, 2 strands WW together, Do not join rounds, this is amigurumi style.

Heart [Make 2 red]

1. Ch 3, work 4 Sc into 1st ch. (5)

2. 2Sc in each st around. (10)

3. [sc, 2Sc] repeat around. (15)

4. Sc, 2Sc next 3 st, Sc next 3 st, 2Sc next 2 st, Sc next 3 st, 2Sc next 3 st. (23)

5. Sc, 2Sc next 4 st, Sc next 6 st, 2Sc next 2 st, Sc next 6 st, 2Sc next 4 st. (33)

6. Slst next 2 st, Sc, Sc2tog, 2Sc next 4 st, Sc next 8 st, 2Sc next 2 st, Sc next 8 st, 2Sc next 4 st, Sc2tog, Sc, slst. (42)

7-8. Sc around.

Tie off. Stitch both hearts together, turn and stuff, stitch opening closed.

Aorta - red loop [Make 1 maroon]

1. Ch 7, slst in 1st ch.

2-15. Sc around.

Tie off. Stuff and sew to heart as shown in photo.

Vena Cava - short blue [Make 1 blue]

1.Ch 3, work 5 Sc into 1st ch.

2-6.Sc around.

Pulmonary artery - “Y” shaped [Make 1 blue]

1. Ch 3, work 5 Sc into 1st ch.

2-4. Sc around. Tie off.

Repeat rows 1-4 , do not tie off.

5. Sc next 4 st, Sc next 2 st to 2 st of other section (this forms the top of the “Y”), Sc next 4 st on section just attatched. (8)

6. Sc next 3 st, Sc2tog, Sc next 3 st, Sc2tog. (6)

7-11. Sc around.

I <heart> your heart! I had wanted to do the knitted one in K.1. but um, I'd rather crochet it! You're the best! I'm going to make one for my dad for his "1st" birthday. (1st anniversary of his quadruple heart bypass surgery and a new lease on life). Thanks a million!

OK here is my version:

th_IM000438-1.jpg

I used one strand of red heart and a "h" hook.

Earlier today I was cutting out felt hearts for my 7 yr olds class, when I was done I told hubby I was going to crochet a heart. He told me there was no way that I could crochet a "real" heart. Of course I said watch me!! :hook . He was totally amazed at how real it looked. He has claimed it as his own and it is going to work with him tomorrow (he is a building inspector for our city) He plans on telling his boss that he needs a heart....because he is heartless :lol .

Thanks for a fun evening!!!!

• 1 month later...

Can someone post a photo of the back? I have no idea what to do with the vena cava. :) Obviously, I need to brush up on my anatomy! I'm done I just have to stuff and sew!

Archived