Lion Brand's email newsletter.....

:ohdear I'm a little disappointed in the way their newsletter has become. It used to have some great patterns etc. Now, there are a lot less patterns and nearly everything they do put in there is knit.

Why is that? I guess I should email them and complain about it.

I'm trying to learn to knit, but crochet is my first love and I can do it much faster. I just don't see why so many publications lean towards knitting.

:ohdear I'm a little disappointed in the way their newsletter has become. It used to have some great patterns etc. Now, there are a lot less patterns and nearly everything they do put in there is knit.

I agree. I don't really even look forward to it anymore. :(

No, I don't really have a pattern for the chemo hats. I usually change them as I go along, just throwing in a different stitch here and there.

I believe there are many patterns on the 'ville though. I am still fairly new here too, but I know that there are tons of free chemo patterns on the internet. I'm sure they're referenced here or you could do a search on google.

I noticed this, too. Or maybe I am being paranoid. It seemed like the new catalog was geared towards knitters, too.

They had some crochet patterns, but they were introducing more "high-end" yarns, which traditionally they think knitters like.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. It's that whole, "knitters buy high-end stuff, and crocheters use the crappy stuff" thing.

Which is sad, because I would bet you the vast majority of Lion brand users are crocheters. :hook

I work for a large restaurant company. Although they may not have replied to your email, they heard it. Keep the faith. Maybe if those of us that are upset about it send emails, they'll see what the public wants, whether they respond to us or not. Great job!

Archived