Lion Brand catalog

tabbyj1

Hello!

Not sure if this really counts as a publications, but I was excited to see something crohet-related in my mail today :) I really like the photography, patterns, and the way they showcased their yarn. I've never gotten one of these before, so totally wasn't expecting it. It directs you to their website for the patterns, but there are quite a few projects that really caught my eye. Haven't been all the way through it yet, but have already seen a few sweaters and a felted bag I'd love to have (though I probably won't ever even get started--good thing the patterns are free :D )

Just thought I'd see what you all thought of it....

I haven't got mine yet. I check their website frequently and have only received their catalog just before this one. Of course, I had to order a pattern for a lovely sweater. Their presentation is wonderful.

I got this for the first time and was very impressed. I loved the Country Car Coat, but I haven't made any clothes yet and that is of course a pattern that you have to pay for. I know it is really not that much, but still, I am not sure if I like one pattern enough to pay 3-4 bucks for and plus whatever shipping is. If anyone gets this pattern let me know how it turns out. It says experienced and I know I am not beginner, but I am not really sure where I am. I don't think that I am experienced either. Hmmm, I think I am rambling too much, so I will leave it with the fact that I loved this catalog and thought they did a really good job with it.

• 3 weeks later...
I got this for the first time and was very impressed. I loved the Country Car Coat, but I haven't made any clothes yet and that is of course a pattern that you have to pay for. I know it is really not that much, but still, I am not sure if I like one pattern enough to pay 3-4 bucks for and plus whatever shipping is. If anyone gets this pattern let me know how it turns out. It says experienced and I know I am not beginner, but I am not really sure where I am. I don't think that I am experienced either. Hmmm, I think I am rambling too much, so I will leave it with the fact that I loved this catalog and thought they did a really good job with it.

Actually, it's avalible to purchase as a download. I keep looking at it, too! I'm not good at adjusting my gauge, and crochet on the loose side, so things frequently swallow me. Still....maybe this time?

oh yes! i love getting the Lion Brand catalog as well. I especially LOVE the green yarn that is on the front (i think, my catalog is upstairs & i'm to lazy to go get it).

another nice catalog is the PatternWorks. It is really aimed more towards knitting but their yarns are so yummy. Plus, they also have purse handles and different purse things that you would need.

I love getting my Lion Brand catalog, everything is photographed so beautifully, the only bad thing is that it makes me want to learn to knit too, I barely have enough time for crocheting as it is! :hook

Archived