I've Gone Pattern Book Crazy!

A new year means new pattern books...right?

So, since December 29th, I've bought:

200 Crocheted Blocks (I got my sister to pick it up for me in Ontario)

200 Ripple Patterns (Ebay!)

63 Cable Stitches (Ebay!)

101 Granny Squares (A Crochetville member)

and

Join As You Go Afghans (A Crochetville member)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geesh!

As for my ebay experience....I used my paypal bank account to pay for the "63 Cable Stitches"....and boy...did it take a long time to clear! I bought it December 29th...and it just cleared TODAY!

So for the "200 Ripple Patterns" book, I used my credit card!

Can't wait to get them!!

Welcome to the club, hah! My library is growing as well. Last night I was buying something on Amazon.com and I already had free shipping, so it was just TOOOO tempting not to grab a crochet book while I was there... so I got Crochet on the Edge! The 2nd book I have gone for without seeing it, because I just *have* to have it.

Oh, happy 'reading'! I think I actually crochet just to have an excuse to collect the books, mags, and patterns!

But then again, isn't that concept true in every hobby! ;D

Wow! I thought I had a problem, but I am glad to see that am not alone. Last year I brought over 1,000 patterns plus some and that don't include the multiple patterns that came with some of them...... I saw something I like and I just brought. I just buy them to buy them. I only used one pattern from the bunch. This year I am going to try not to buy any patterns under 500. Oh wait that don't include the afghan club I am in either. I would die if I wasn't apart of all those wonderful afghans that come to me once a month. But heck I think I just like collecting them and putting them up. I also got a few patterns from my ma and her mom. I buy patterns and don't use them becaue I get to scared to make a dent in the book. It just satify me to buy a pattern plus I get a crazy high when I get a bunch of patterns at once.

Maybe I will pas them on to my children when they get older.

Lyse

Ps too bad I can't crochet right now because of hand, but that's okay I will just keep buying until I get to 500.

Archived