crochet symbol fonts

needlesandpinza

Question

I KNOW I had a bookmark once upon a time but now I cant for the life of me remeber where I found it.

It was symbols for crochet deisgns , so one can make a chart.

I need to add a chart to one of my patterns but cant find this font.

Anyone know what I am talking about? anyone have the link?

I am a chart knitter and crocheter so I have a hard time writting out my charts in text.

8 answers to this question

Well, I haven't used any of these, but I have heard of this one: http://www.sbcrochet.com/crochetsoftware.shtml Symbols include those for triple, double, and single crochets, as as bobbins (crochet three/two together), end/beginning of row increases, and chain turns. SBFilet.ttf uses crochet symbols instead of letters to map out your design.

I posted something about it to another group I'm in, because I would be REALLY REALLY interested to hear if anyone has personal experience with it.

O.K., you right, it is not working. I checked google

type on google search

crochet software symbol

it is number 8

says NHSW

I download it not long ago. ANd the designer of this program is member of crochetville.

Demet

Hi!

I downloaded this symbol crochet font a couple of months back and it's great for making your own patterns. I did have to make adjustments though because their definition and my definition of the same symbol are different.

This is great to use especially if you see a crocheted garment pic online (from Macy's, Nordstrom's etc), you can use this font to translate the picture into an actual pattern with minimal use of words.

It's not in the round though, the best you can make use of this font are for designing garments, afghans, runners and borders, etc...

Personally, I think it needed more symbols, but for what it's worth it's a great deal!!

Archived