Bell Sleeve Tunic Along

angieInCA

Well for the vents, being that I added extra stitches under the arms, I counted my stitches. Split them in half and put a marker on each side. Crocheted from marker to marker back and forth the specified row count. Done front and back this way and it don't look to bad. The arms I am just inc'ing 1 hdc every row and skipping all that other stuff. I almost got one sleeve done. And hopefully by the weekend I might have the sweater done. I will post pics when I finish.

Karen, your tunic turned out wonderful!

I haven't been working on mine because I just wasn't loving it. You know how it is, you start working on something and there is something about it that just bugs you and you fall out of love with it and then you have a hard time oicking it up and working on it.

Well I finally put my finger on what I wasn't loving about it and it was the ORANGE yarn. As I was working on it I relized I'm just not an orange person and I kept having doubts if I would even wear it.

So, I made a decision after seeing Karen's finished product that I am going to frog it and start over with a color I know I will love and wear.

Thanks Karen for motivating me and making me want to get started on this pattern again......Off to the LYS I go.............

Karen, your tunic turned out wonderful!

I haven't been working on mine because I just wasn't loving it. You know how it is, you start working on something and there is something about it that just bugs you and you fall out of love with it and then you have a hard time oicking it up and working on it.

Well I finally put my finger on what I wasn't loving about it and it was the ORANGE yarn. As I was working on it I relized I'm just not an orange person and I kept having doubts if I would even wear it.

So, I made a decision after seeing Karen's finished product that I am going to frog it and start over with a color I know I will love and wear.

Thanks Karen for motivating me and making me want to get started on this pattern again......Off to the LYS I go.............

Thank you for your kind words...I really do understand how you can fall out of love with a project. In the beginning of this one I was going to toss it; the project, not the yarn :). I hate how there's no stitch counts at the end of each row, but...anyway on to the next project :)

okay, well I finished mine. It was my first time doing raglan style... so it needs a little improvement. I think I'm going to try this again in berry colors, b/c this one was a little drab... and now I know what to fix in the pattern to make it fit me okay. I'm a little bit large (6 feet and not a bit tiny. :)) and it needs a little more length on the body and sleeves.

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/bell-sleeved%20tunic/?action=view&current=IMG_1081a.jpg

Anyway, here are some pictures. Yeah, I'm done! :cheer

I pressed on especially since I was up to an L sized hook.

Although I never posted that I was joining, I started my sweater Saturday night. (I am using Simply Soft Lt Country Blue, Country Blue and Dk Country Blue)

I actually did a gauge swatch for this one and was surprised at how big I had to go on my hook in order to get NEAR gauge. I am using a Brittany 7mm. The sweater is turning out kind of.....well breezy.....I just figured with the right tank top underneath, it will be perfect. I am working on the sleeves now.

okay, well I finished mine. It was my first time doing raglan style... so it needs a little improvement. I think I'm going to try this again in berry colors, b/c this one was a little drab... and now I know what to fix in the pattern to make it fit me okay. I'm a little bit large (6 feet and not a bit tiny. :)) and it needs a little more length on the body and sleeves.

http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/Corrina2007/bell-sleeved%20tunic/?action=view&current=IMG_1081a.jpg

Anyway, here are some pictures. Yeah, I'm done! :cheer

I think your tunic came out very well and it looks great on you. How did you like the construction of the sleeves; by that I mean that I didn't like the sc blo, 3 slip stitches, sc blo. I wanted the sleeves to flare all the way around.

Although I never posted that I was joining, I started my sweater Saturday night. (I am using Simply Soft Lt Country Blue, Country Blue and Dk Country Blue)

I actually did a gauge swatch for this one and was surprised at how big I had to go on my hook in order to get NEAR gauge. I am using a Brittany 7mm. The sweater is turning out kind of.....well breezy.....I just figured with the right tank top underneath, it will be perfect. I am working on the sleeves now.

Honestly, that was one of the other things about the sweater I didn't like too open for a wool sweater. I do wear a dark tank under mine, too.

Thanks Karen! um.. yeah, I didn't like the way the sleeves were made... I figured it would have looked better if it was a true bell sleeve that was made with increases all around. I don't know, maybe Ms. Chan thought it was more practical this way? :think

Didn't even get around to working on mine over the weekend. And here its the middle of the week. The weekend we had water heater problems and had to have it replaced. This week has been busy so far. But now I am getting settled down to work on it tonight. Can't remember who it was without going back through the thread, that said the orange wasn't working for her. Well I like orange, but I think she's right this is too much orange. But I am going to finish it. If I don't like it when I finish, I can just give it to my sister. If I do make another, I am thinking solid color or self striping yarn. Karen and Lady of Shalott both of you did fabulous jobs. Love the colors.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i just finished, and I don't like it. I am thinking of frogging the collar and making it dk brown. And this yarn don't drape very well. Maybe after I wash it, it will look better. Anywho here it is.,

tunic.jpg

LaVonne, it looks good in those colors. I think it came out well.

Did you just increase the stitches to make the bell-sleeve instead of the weird pattern sl st version? I noticed that mine doesn't drape well either... in that the bell sleeves tend to bunch up and land at the 3/4th mark of my arm instead of staying at my wrists. I have to pull it down to keep them in place. I was thinking about doing it again in different colors, but then I decided that I just don't like the pattern. I'm more of a jacket person anyway.

Lavonne,

I think you tunic came out well. Like Lady I didn't like the construction of the sleeves and once I got out of the problems in the beginning of the pattern, this was a pretty easy project. The only problem with wool sweaters is the fact that I live in Texas and won't have that many opportunities to wear it.:)

Lady of Shalot,

Starting where the pattern said to increase, I increased one stitch every rnd, alternating from side to side. What I did I laid the sleeve out flat and put markers on opposite sides and thats were I increased at. I also added like 8 more rows at the bottom of the sleeve without increases. I like my sleeves to go to about the middle of my hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Although I did not participate in this CAL, I DID decide to make this sweater for my daughter. I had many of the same difficulties. When I did my gauge swatch, it was so far off (and I had used the exact yarn called for), that I assumed there had to be a mistake and just used the same size hook and size and got started. My daughter is very tiny (but this ended up being something that a 10-year-old could wear). So, I started over.

I decided to try going up only one hook size and using two strands of yarn. My gauge came out almost perfect! Now I am almost finished with the sweater and it looks like a much better size. I'll see her this weekend for a fitting. And I have had very little frogging on the second time around.

By the way, all of your sweaters came out very nice. It's great to see different versions of the same pattern.

• 1 year later...

Archived