Next year's Doggie Doings?

Your pup is so cute!!

My dachsie's a tweenie so it's really hard to find sweaters and coats that fit. Here's a photo of my dachsie: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/lmse/Spice/thehunter1.jpg

Here's a photo of the coat I sewed for him. It's cotton lined with fleece.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e220/lmse/Spice/coat.jpg

I am working on a sweater right now in navy. will try to remember to get pics before it goes on its way.

I'm back at those cables again :eek

doggie01.jpg

I got the picture. the navy is really much prettier than this shows but I couldn't get the cables to show up if the colour was darker.

Not the greatest one I've made but decided to share anyway. i started it this afternoon when I finished the owner's BICO so these can be quick... even with cables

What yarn is the best to make these in??? I read somewhere to use wool... but that is SO EXPENSIVE (even on Ebay). My mother says that wool is best but I could use acrylic too, but to avoid cotton. Anyone have problems with other yarn??

P.S. I will post pics of my dapple soon! Poor thing, the snow here's been about 7 inches and she has to hop around in it where all you see is her tail. Most times she refuses to go outside if its too wet or too cold. I think she thinks she can suffer through the punishment of "wetting" in the house, versus getting her fanny frozen.... gotta love doxies!

Cookie Hooker...actually I heared the exact opposite about wool on pup coats...especially with the tiny dogs...since they're so close to the ground, the yarn will get wet..and the wool will stretch....I've made 3 dog coats now, all in acrylic, and they're all wearing wonderfully (from what the pup's moms are telling me anyway LOL!!)

Jessie

• 2 weeks later...

Archived