Four Quick Scarves

Sue89

Thanks, everyone! :) I think the yellow one photographed the best, since I'm working with a low resolution camera that doesn't have a flash. It is the softest, though. I wish I could tell you what kind of yarn it was, but it was from my sister's stash and she had removed the label. It was four-ply, but felt really soft. I also used a smaller hook on it than I did on the others. For the claret and the light green I used an N hook, but for the yellow and the dark green I used an I or a J (can't remember now). Aside from the yellow, the rest of the yarn is just regular Red Heart worsted.

Knicknac and Rascalsmom, the yellow, claret and light green were made with the V stitch. I got it from the 63 squares pattern booklet, but you can also find it at the Lionbrand website for free. It's in the pattern for the 5 1/2 Hour Throw. Just make your beginning chain a multiple of 3 plus one and then follow their directions for the stitch. I did mine lengthwise instead of across, so I made a 60" chain. The dark green is just double crochets done lengthwise, changing colors to add the variegated and light green stripes to the center.

Archived