Crochet Pattern Central – New Layout

RachelG

Interesting question! Yes, anything would help. And yes, there is a Paypal button on CPC and it has been there for quite some time. (I couldn't tell you exactly, but I believe closer to two years than one.) It is not in a very conspicious spot, because I do not want to come across as begging in any way. The button is there for people to stumble upon and use if they wish. CPC has received one much appreciated donation since the button has been there.

Personally, I think you could move this to the front page, slap a little "If you're so inclined to donate to help with the costs of runing the site please do" blurb over it and feel secure in the fact that no one who uses the site would feel you were begging. We LOVE the site and greatly appreciate that it's there. I'm ashamed to say I've never seen the button before. :blush

Personally, I think you could move this [Paypal Donate] to the front page, slap a little "If you're so inclined to donate to help with the costs of runing the site please do" blurb over it and feel secure in the fact that no one who uses the site would feel you were begging. We LOVE the site and greatly appreciate that it's there. I'm ashamed to say I've never seen the button before. :blush

I just don't want to make people feel pressured, y'know?

And I admit the button *is* a little hidden. (It's on the About Me page. Didn't know where else to stick it.)

I love the new look, too!

And I totally think you should put the paypal donate button on the front page, on the left side, down near the bottom or something, if you don't want it to stand out too much.

Your message could say, "If you find CPC helpful, please help defray the cost of bandwidth and donate, if you can. If not, please enjoy the patterns and happy crocheting!"

I, too, go to CPC first for anything I want to make and will gladly donate the price of a pattern booklet every now and again when I can! Just let put that paypal button where I can find it, lol!

Archived