looking for infant pants pattern

Guest aprilmoonflower

Question

Guest aprilmoonflower

i am looking for a pattern for crocheted pants with/without feet in size 6-12mo. i've checked around all my usual places to get patterns online but can't seem to find any!

17 answers to this question

Guest aprilmoonflower

btw-Dot, what size are these pants? (if you remember offhand)

did you crochet the sweater too btw? if so would you be willing to share the pattern? :wink

Guest aprilmoonflower

the wool works great for cloth diapering! (for covers) it repels water and doesn't need washing all that often, though you do need to lanolize them every once in a while! I definitly will send you a pic when they are done! Thanks again! :sheepjump

Guest aprilmoonflower

oh wow these look great! THANK YOU so much Dot I appreciate this so much! :bounce we are using cloth diapers on my ds and these will work great crocheted in wool (serving double duty as pants and diaper cover in the cooler months)

hi dot, thanks for sharing that pattern, sounds adorable. i have been wanting to make some more stuff for the teenage pregnancy crisis clinic. they give all of the stuff that is donated to these young mothers and the girls are so appreciative. that sounds like it would be great with my hooded sweater pattern(well not mine, but one i make all of the time:lol ) its really cute. got it out of crochet fantasy and the issue is november 1995, i wore my first one out and had to buy one off of e-bay. finally found one too!! got it today.:hug it is a little panda bear sweater that zips up the back. thank you again, you are soooo sweet:clap . have a great night vicki:))

Yes, of course you may use this pattern for your charity group. It would be my little contribution to a worthy cause.

A couple of little suggestions on the pattern:

1. if you want to make it longer from waist to crotch, just keep adding rows before you start the legs.

2. if you want the legs to be "footed" leave off the ribbing on the bottom of the legs and stitch a seam across the bottom. you may want to do a few decrease rounds before you seam the leg bottom closed.

Guest SamplerLady

Dot, can I share this pattern with the charity group I crochet for?

Native American Support It's exactly the kind of stuff we like to make for the Native Americans at the Cheyenne River Reservation at Eagle Butte, SD.

I'd post it exactly as you've posted it here with your copy right and all. Or alternately, is it on your blog so I can send people there?

They are very cute, BTW, and as usual I stand in awe of your ability to "just make it up"! I can do a lot that way once I see how things are constructed, but generally have to follow a pattern the first time around. :))

OOPS! I posted this in the wrong place, sorry!

Here's the pattern. It's untested and it's so long ago since I wrote it, I'm not sure I can answer any questions but I'd give it a try if I could. Can't post pictures because there's something wrong with photobucket. Sorry.

DRAW STRING BABY PANTS

copyright 05/20/04 Dot Matthews

materials: I and H hook; red heart soft baby

Waist=18 inches

waist to crotch = 8 ½ inches

Waistband ribbing

with H hook

Row 1: ch 6, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 4 chs. ch 1, turn (5 sts)

Row 2: working in back loops only, sc in next 5 sts. ch 1, turn(5 sts)

Row 3 – 60: Repeat row 2

Row 61: joinn to first row by slip stitch through back loop and free loops of beginning ch. Be careful not to twist waist band.

Body from waist to top of legs

change to I hook

Row 1: working in rounds now, ch 1 turn, sc in ends of rows around. Join in first sc. (60 sts total)

Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as first st), 1 dc in ea sc around, Join in top of ch 3. (60 sts total)

Row 3 thru 11: Ch 3, 1 dc in ea dc around. Join in top of ch 3. (60 sts total)

First leg:

Row 1: ch 3 (counts as first st), dc in next 29 dc's, join in top of ch 3. (30 sts total)

note: leave remaining dc's unworked…we'll use those later

Row 2 – 10: ch 3, dc in next 29 sts, join in top of ch 3.

Row 11: ch 3, decrease over next 2 dc around, dc in last dc, join in top of ch 3.

LEG RIBBING:

Change to H hook

Row 1: ch 5, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in next 4 chs. sl st in same space as chain, sl st in next st.

Row 2: Turn (do not ch) sk sl sts, sc in back loop only of next 4 sts. ch 1 turn

Row 3: sc in back loops only of next 4 sts, sl st in next 2 sts,

Row 4: turn, sc in back loop only of next 4 scs. fasten off and weave in ends

SECOND LEG:

switch to I hook

Join yarn through both loops of first and last stitch of first leg, (working in unworked stitches)

Row 1: Ch 3, dc in each dc around. Join in top of ch 3.

Row 2 – 11: work same as rows 2-11 on first leg.

Now do ribbing same as first leg. Fasten off and weave in ends.

WAIST TIE:

Ch 150, sl st 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across. Fasten off. Tie know in each end close to ends and cut tial close to knot. Weave tie through waist under ribbing.

Archived