Silverware Socks, Men's Scarf and Mini Teddy Bear

crochetsal

An assortment of goodies, the teddy bear I had wanted to make larger, as I wanted him to hold a tea-light--the battery operated kind! He turned out just a little small for this, he's only about 4" tall. But, I thought he would look cute done in Christmas colours. I had some of this variegated thread that was just begging to be used!!

The silverware socks were fun to make, although I learned the hard way to weave in the first end almost IMMEDIATELY before proceeding!! Had a devil of a time turning the piece inside out at the end!

The men's scarf, it just hit me. I have another one in mind...

miniteddy.jpgsilverware.jpgsunscarf.jpgSally

I think I took after my big German dad with his big hands, I have an 8 1/2 size ring finger. Other people have told me jokingly, that my hands and fingers frighten them. I have difficulty doing fine work. I would love to make one of these tiny bears, but as I have some difficulty working with the finer type of crochet due to my big fingers. Just to hold small objects is difficult for me. Any ideas for the mom of Jack in the Beanstock?

Lil Dumpling, just like most yarn patterns for dolls can be made with thread, thread patterns can be used with yarn! I want to try one soon in sport weight, and maybe then worsted...and *if* I have time, with acrylic and eyelash held together.

Sally

Thanks for the comments!

Lil Dumpling, a couple hours after I replied, I thought 'DUH!' she probably meant a MINI bear with yarn!

I'll have to try one of those, as simply using yarn and bigger hook, would, of course, make a bigger bear!

So, hopefully I can try a MINI bear done in yarn in the next few days!

Sally

nice work! i've never seen silverware socks before and yours are very sweet!! what inspiration!! The scarf is cool, i like the design. nice work, all of it. Now, to pinch me that tiny teddy :devil

Archived