Flap hat pattern?

Sharon

Question

4 answers to this question

I'm writing this with a mind a little caffiene affected (newfound love in Gingerbread Coffee Mate.. mmm), but I will give it my best. :) I've been playing with my own pattern for my brothers and this is just off the top of my head, but probably similar to others that you would find.

If you're using a worsted weight yarn, you might go with an H hook.

Ch. 4, join to form loop.

Ch. 1, sc 7 times into loop, sl st to first sc (7 sc).

Ch. 1, sc into same space, 2 sc in each sc around, sl st to first sc (14 sc)

Ch. 1, 2 sc into next sc, (sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc) around, sl st to first sc (21 sc)

Ch. 1, sc in next sc, 2 sc in next sc, (sc in next 2 sc, 2 sc in next sc) around, sl st to first sc (28 sc).

Continue increasing until you reach a cirumference that you would like (probably another 4 or 5 increase rounds - ex: sc in next 5 sc, 2 sc in next sc), and then continue with sc around until you reach the length that you would like.

You could also work in a spiral (no joining to first sc), but you would need to use a stitch marker to mark your first (or last) stitch of a row and move it as you begin the next row.

I hope this helps you or someone finds a great link for you. :)

lion brands web site has 2 of them they were just posted today i think. i got a e-mail from them saying they had some new free patterns. there is one for crochet and one for knit:faint i know bad word here in the crochet forum:rotfl :rotfl anyways try that. good luck vicki:wave

Archived