The Ideal Afternoon

Podger1

Have to tell someone about my afternoon yesterday! I figure you guys will appreciate it. :yes When I got home and told my DH about it...his response?..."that's great honey". :(

It started out with both toddlers going down for an early nap without a fuss and so I was out the door to run to Michael's ALONE b/c I had a "50% of one item coupon." As I am walking in the door, I spy the book, "200 Crochet Blocks" on their book display. I have been wanting this book forever but just can't justify spending $20+ on it. Well, there goes my coupon! :clap I decided to run to the yarn section to pick up some RH Mexicana to make some more crunchies that have been requested by some neighborhood girls and started talking to another yarn addict who was shopping. She told me that Joann's was having a great sale.

Went down to Joann's. That location was having a pink tag sale. Anything with a pink tag was already marked down 50% from its normal price and yesterday only, you got ANOTHER 50% off of that! Lion Brand Cotton was $1 per skein. Tons of their novelty yarns were $1.50 per skein. They had several kits left for "fashion scarves" that included a hook, instructions, and 3 skeins of yarn which were $4 each (I bought them all), some RH Super Saver colors were 67 cents each, and I dug around and found a handful of LB Homespun skeins for $1 each!

OK - I'm embarrassed to tell you how much I spent and how much I bought...but let's just say my stash is going to soon need to move from my closet shelves to its own room soon. :devil

So, not only did I get a MAJOR yarn haul, my much-wished-for crochet book, BUT...when I got home, kids were awake and happy, teenagers were dressed and heading out the door for homecoming dates/dance, and DH offered to take the rest of out to dinner! Does life get any better? :c9

Of course, woke up this morning to cranky children, a messy kitchen (from the teenagers of course), and running late for church...so nirvana doesn't last long...:D

Archived